Kid Stop Staff
Job Title: Kid Stop Staff
Department: Rough Rider Center
Position: Part- Time
Wage: $11.22/hr - $18/hr DOE
- Adjustments are determined annually by the Recreation Coordinator
Supervisor: Kid Stop Director
The Kid Stop Staff will report directly to the Kid Stop Director. The position will be responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of activities for Kid Stop. This is a part-time position that works to carry out activities to meet the goals of the Watford City Parks & Recreation and Rough Rider Center mission. This position requires flexibility in working with different ages of children, ranging from 5 years to 12 years.
- Help plan and implement kid stop activities at the pool, parks and Rough Rider Center.
- Assists the Kid Stop Director with planning, developing, and organizing activities.
- Prepares supplies needed for activities.
- Prepares equipment, fields, and facilities for assigned activities.
- Assists with maintaining a seamless transition from one activity to another on the kid stop schedules.
- Assists in planning, implementing and maintaining a nurturing, well-balanced, memorable and supportive kid stop experience for participating children and families.
- The position assists in the daily implementation of program standards while maintaining a comfortable environment for the safety, health and well-being of each child.
- Serve as a role model to all by demonstrating high standards of personal conduct including punctuality, sportsmanship, sharing chores, and clean up duties.
- Lead or teach activities, such as: songs, games, crafts, science.
- Participates in all activities with their group, making kid stop fun for the kids, teaching skills, providing encouragement and facilitating opportunities of interaction between kids.
- Continuously try to make a positive connection with each kid stop participant and foster connections among the kids.
- Ability to recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving within the kid stop environment.
- Be able to use humor and patience to guide and teach kid.
- Responsible for care of all facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Administer basic first aid and medications, document and communicate incidents with the kid stop director.
- Instruct kids in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle many projects simultaneously and work effectively under pressure.
- Must exhibit excellent flexibility and work well in a collaborative and team environment.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position works with children. Must exhibit skills necessary to supervise multiple children and keep them focused on the task at hand while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs regularly and up to 50lbs on occasion.
- Class B CDL a plus.