Food Service Supervisor
Department: Event Center
Adjustments are determined annually by the Managing Director
Supervisor: Managing Director
Responsible for supervising food service operations within the Rough Rider Center Concessions and Percs & Rec Coffee Shop. Ensure program follows policies and procedures and meets federal and state requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the coffee shop, concessions and catering.
- Input inventory into the Shopkeep management system.
- Plan for and purchase food for food service departments and events.
- Ensure food in storage meets adequate levels of nutrition and sustenance.
- Gauge and make decisions on food safety and quality control.
- Coordinate personnel and resources. Including employee scheduling.
- Maintain required records including food production, inventory, income/expense, and meal counts.
- Ensure program follows proper sanitation procedures.
- Preside over food service employees, including cooks, food preparers, cashiers, catering staff, and other employees related to food service.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being cooked.
- Prepare and serve food.
- Plan menus.
- Respond to customer preferences and complaints.
- Set prices for each product on the menu.
- Plan and budget for future meals.
- Maintain equipment, including refrigerators, stoves, fryers, etc.
- Ensure the customer’s experience is satisfactory.
- Recruit, hire, and train employees.
- Deliver services to customers in a professional and polite manner.
- Direct the cleaning of the dining area and kitchen, including equipment and utensils.
- Keep records of supplies and purchases.
- Report maintenance and repair needs to the managing director if they cannot be addressed by you or your staff.
- Work effectively and efficiently between all software used.
- Hold each employee and group accountable for fast, effective, and friendly customer service.
- Print all required and applicable reports.
- Maintain and model professional conduct.
- Manage and coordinate teamwork within the group.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Must have the ability to handle money, count tills, and prepare deposits.
- Must have the ability to work with various groups of people of all ages.
- Must be service oriented and have good people skills.
- Must be able to determine costs and profit margins for products.
- Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment, and random drug screening.
Application: Can be found at Rough Rider Centers front desk or downloaded HERE
Email Application to: email@example.com
For questions, contact: Sara at 701-842-3665
Or mail: Rough Rider Center, Po Box 1739, Watford City, ND 58854