Job Title: Barista
Department: Watford City Park District / Rough Rider Center
Starting Wage: $14-$15/hour
- Adjustments are determined annually by the Watford City Park District.
Supervisor: Business Development Manager
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages such as coffee, esspresso drinks, blended coffees or teas, etc.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils and equipment.
- Provide impecable customer service.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual within this classification. They are not to be considered an exhaustive or all-inclusive listing of the position’s duties and tasks, as they may change or be adjusted as situations require.
- Preparing and selling coffee products by closely following the prescribed preparation techniques and recipes for various coffee drinks like espresso, latte, cappuchino, etc.
- Attracting new customers and generating additional revenue; characterizing new and expanded products and services.
- Sanitizing or cleaning utensils, work areas and equipment.
- Regularly checking the temperature of refrigerators, freezers or other heating equipment to make sure it functions properly.
- Serving prepared foods such as cakes, biscotti, muffins, etc.
- Maintaining equipment from time to time by closely following operating guidelines, replensighing supplies, troubleshooting breakdowns, calling for checkup and repairs and performing preventative maintenance.
- Studying, re-designing and evaluating processes, maintaining and implementing changes, enhancing the outlook of the coffee bar and store to improve quality results.
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment and a friendly atmosphere by following sanitation regulations and organization standards.
- Grinding, weighting and packing coffee beans for customers.
- Labeling, wrapping or dating food products for sale.
- Slicing vegetables, fruits, meats or desserts for use in food service.
- Setting up or restocking product displays.
- Taking out the garbage.
- Taking customer orders and conveying them to other employees for preparation.
- Listening to customer complaints and queries and addressing their concerns in an efficient yet friendly manner, and reporting to the manager on duty without delay.
- Maintaining a prompt and friendly customer service.
- Reporting potential safety hazards to the manager on duty without delay.
- May be required to deal with other matters at hand in one go, i.e. carry out all-around tasks for the shop such as stock control and cleaning tables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No educational background required.
- Entry level position; no experience required. However, employer does take into high consideration the level of experience and skills.
- Willingness and ability to work at special events.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Confident yet friendly personality.
- Maintains a professional attitude and company morale.
- Is a team worker.
- Prompt and efficient customer serivce.
- Good attendance.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.
- Ability to work weeknights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds or heavier lifting with other employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- The knowledge and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Possession of or ability to obtain (within 30 days) a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Dakota for the type of vehicles or equipment operated.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation.
- The work is typically performed indoors. The employee may be exposed to noise, grease, irritating chemicals, and machinery with ability to produce liquids at high temperatures.
- The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.