Job Title: Recreation Coordinator
Department: Rough Rider Center / Watford City Park District
Position: Full Time
Salary Range: $42,000 - $51,000 per year
- Adjustments are determined annually by the Facility Manager and Watford City Park Board
Supervisor: Facility Manager
The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery of youth and adult programs, including program and event design and planning, hiring and training staff, implementing and evaluating programs/activities and for the citizens of Watford City and the surrounding area. The position is responsible and accountable for the supervision of assigned programs, facilities and personnel on a daily and / or seasonal basis.
The primary function of the Recreation Coordinator is to operate, supervise, develop, coordinate, evaluate, market and administer recreation programs. This includes coordinating leagues, tournaments, and scheduling sports facilities.
- Monitor revenues and expenditures to assure sound fiscal control and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel and other resources.
- Coordinate various aspects of a recreational program including scheduling events, promoting participation and facility needs for year-round community recreation programs.
- Maintain the Watford City Park District website to assure programs and registrations are current and accurate.
- Attend monthly board meetings and prepare necessary reports and presentations.
- Provide recommendations to the Park Board for program needs, budget and fees.
- Develop alternate funding sources. Research, prepare applications and administer grants that benefit recreation programs and facilities. Conduct fundraising activities and facilitate business and corporate sponsorships that contribute towards successful recreation programs.
- Order and maintain inventories of supplies and equipment for programs.
- Negotiate and administer contracts and schedules for recreation facilities and officials for various programs.
- Respond to public inquiries about recreation programs and schedules by telephone, text and correspondence or by attending public meetings and making presentations.
- Work evening and various schedules depending upon scheduled events and needs.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software programs.
- Use RecTrac software to input program registration information and run reports for data on recreation program enrollment / attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferences include, Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or related field, or a combination or experience/education.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership within groups.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a variety of groups to include staff (full and part-time), volunteers, and media.
- Requires the ability to set and achieve goals through effective decision-making.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to assess community needs for recreation activities.
- Maintain facilities, equipment, and materials in good working order and safe condition.
- Communicate effectively to establish and maintain working relationships with the public and other employees.
- Willing and able to obtain a CDL Bus license.