Job Title: Park Maintenance
Supervisor: Park Superintendent
Application Deadline: April 1st 2018
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for maintenance and operations of parks and related facilities.
- Performs maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual within this classification. They are not to be considered an exhaustive or all-inclusive listing of the position’s duties and tasks, as they may change or be adjusted, as situations require.
- Maintain all park district vehicles and equipment
- Maintain records of all maintenance on vehicles and equipment
- Ability to participate in the application of Herbicides and Pesticides
- Assist in the repair of plumbing and irrigation systems
- Able to operate front end loader, bobcat, mowers, hand and power tools
- Assists in the Snow Removal activities of the Park District
- Participates in the inspection, repair and maintenance of Playground Equipment
- Assists with the setup of facilities/parks for events, meetings, classrooms, conferences, etc
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools
- Wash equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and all supplies
- Use of all chemicals and all supplies as directed
- Attend to emergencies when necessary
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings
- Take classes as required in maintenance methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships
- Helps with inventory control and security
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment
- Support and enforce all policies, safety regulations and guidelines, established by the Superintendent and/or the Park Board
- Ability to work with other staff, user groups, vendors and members of the general public
- Performs other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Maintenance of parks grounds and facilities
- Equipment operation and maintenance procedures
- Report preparation and maintenance reports
- Include the Park District Policies and Procedures, Playground Safety Book, building codes, and ADA codes. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
- The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in the cold or inclement weather conditions. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, irritating chemicals, and machinery with moving parts. The work requires the use of protective devices such as gloves, masks, or goggles.
- The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, and uses tools or equipment that require a high degree of dexterity.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position
- Current CPR Certification, or able to obtain within 6 months
- Ability to work weeknights and weekends as needed
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds or heavier lifting with other employees
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of operational policies, procedures, accepted standards and methods of the parks and recreation field
- The knowledge and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Possession of or ability to obtain (within 30 days) a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Dakota for the type of vehicles or equipment operated
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading,
- writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation
Email Application to email@example.com
or Inquire contact: Robin Arndt 701-570-3677
Or mail: Watford City Park District, PO Box 13, Watford City N. D. 58854